Pages

January 3, 2013

My 13 for 2013 ... Ground Breaking

Pinterest 


The Number 13 is a Karmic Number. Number 13 is the number of upheaval, so that new ground can be broken.  

The number 13 has great power. If this power is used for selfish purposes, it will bring destruction of the self, and in turn, this will bring dis-ease and illnesses.  

Adapting to change gracefully will bring out the strength of the 13 vibration, and decrease any potential for the negative. 13's are traditionalists, hard workers and organizers. 



1) Do Nothing. Literally be okay with doing nothing and do it well. I am a busy body. I feel like if I am not thinking, doing, creating, cleaning, mothering, talking, texting, planning, and so on and so forth  … then I am nothing. I think I have this topsy-turvy. Maybe when I am doing nothing, I can enjoy the simple things. Elizabeth, STOP doing!

2) Learn to meditate and do this regularly. You may be surprised to know this but in 2002 I went to school to be a wellness consultant, learning about the benefits of meditation and how it reduces stress. Yet, it wasn't until 12 years later it would become a key tool in my wellness journey.

3) Get my reading on! When I was a kid, if I wasn't playing, you'd find a book in my hand. I was devastated when we had to move and leave all of my stuff behind. By stuff, I mean a box full of books. I am in love with a great story.

4) Find peace. I am nowhere where I was a few years ago, thank God. But I want to really embrace finding peace. It's the least expensive thing I can give myself but priceless. This is my only life and I want to enjoy every second.

5) Hush little baby don't say a word. In the book by Dawna Markova it reads, “Nomathemba’s rhythm of speaking is completely different than you Yanks. She won’t talk until we slow down and leave some space so what one person has said can be absorbed before the next person chimes in.” Pretty powerful right? Makes you want to think before you speak. 

6) Live life. It sounds a bit overused right? Maybe it's lost it's impact because you see it on t-shirts, hats and bumper stickers. But when you stop and do nothing, you see things differently. You're not rushing to the next moment or event or plan.

Why I stopped Chasing Happiness, TheChangeBlog.com

7) Laugh often. Well, for those who know me … this really comes naturally but I think as I start to embrace all of the above, I will find new things to find joy. It's like Buddy the Elf from the movie Elf, "I like smiling, smiling's my favorite." Well, I like laughing … usually laughing at myself. :)

8) Take a compliment. Say thank you and soak up the power of what is being complimented. Just the other day a friend says to me that I have great skin. And my response was,  What, are you looking here …  as I point out a pesky pimple. Let's practice this as we move to #9, Thank You!


9) Try new things. I recently took up learning to hula hoop. My daughter, age 5, who out of nowhere, picks up a hula hoop and showed me up big time!! So I thought here is something I need to learn. And in the past few days, I am getting the swing of it! 

10) Love fully. Before you start cheering me on to become a modern version of desperately seeking susan, in search for a man, let me be clear … I am happy right where I am. The past few years have been amazing! I love, love, love being single. What I mean is learning to love myself fully. I want to love myself for who I am today. Because I am the best version of myself that I have ever been in my life and that is pretty damn rewarding.

11) Surround myself with positive people and add value to their lives.

12) Learn when to let go of people who are sucking life from you. That's a tough one. And honestly, I can see where I lost a few friends during a toxic time in my life.

13) Wash, Rinse, Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment